Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bear Naked Grain-ola Bar

I got a free sample in the mail yesterday of Bear Naked Grain-ola bar.  I tend not to be much of a granola bar/power bar/energy bar kind of girl.  I may eat dessert after every meal including breakfast, but I think health food should be as un-processed as possible.  Why eat a granola bar loaded with sugar and fillers when you could eat some nuts and some dried fruit- also shelf stable, also capable of curbing your afternoon sugar craving.  That's not to say I don't eat them from time to time, but it's usually when I have done a poor job of planning out my food intake for that day.  I was impressed, as always, by bear naked's packaging.  It has a simple and clean look that is always so appealing to me. 

The ingredients were fairly impressive.  It uses maple syrup as a sweetener- that and honey are always my first choice, especially for convenience foods but also contains tapioca syrup, an ingredient I have only recently begun to find in foods and am a bit unsure of.  The bar does have a clean and healthy flavor.  You can really taste the individual ingredients.  The texture is a little too chewy for my taste- I tend to lean towards crunchy granola bars and this is a clearly chewy granola bar. 


Over all it is a product that I would buy if I was in the market for some granola bars.  With 4 grams of fiber and a reasonable 14 grams of sugar it might be the best and most filling bar I have come across. 

If you are interested in learning more about the product check out their website.  BearNaked.com
Whatever you do don't mistakenly go to BareNaked. com like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment